The Town of Winchester is putting out a call to the community for volunteers to serve on our boards and commissions. Residents who may find themselves with some available time and interest are encouraged to contact the Town Manager's office or Selectman Steve Sedlack to learn about the opportunities to serve a vital role in our town government. Come and be an ACTIVE part of your community! Your knowledge and experience really do make a difference.
Please see the following list for frequency of meetings and current vacancies.
- Inland Wetland and Watercourses Commission (meets the third Wednesday of the month at 7PM) - One (1) Regular Commissioner vacancy
- Torrington Area Health District (meets at least one Thursday in January, April, June, and September) - One (1) Regular Board vacancy
- Board of Assessment Appeals (meets at the call of the chair) - One (1) Regular Board Member and one (1) Alternate Board Member vacancy
- Conservation Commission (meets the third Thursday of each month at 5PM) - One (1) Regular Commissioner vacancy
- Zoning Board of Appeals (meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7PM) - One (1) Alternate Board Member vacancy
A full list of Boards and Commissions (with vacancies and no vacancies) can be found here. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have an interest in serving on a board or commission you don't see listed. Now is a great time to make a commitment to your community!
Contact Terry Hall in the Town Manager’s office by phone at (860) 738-6078 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Selectman Steven Sedlack may be reached by phone at (860) 379-5310.