All Riders must complete green Van Rider Policy form beginning January 2018 before riding van.
Winsted Senior Center’s Van is for residents of Winchester and Winsted, age 55 or older and people with a disability, for travel in Winchester and Winsted only, Monday thru Friday. The first pickup is at 8:45am and the last ride home is at 3pm. To make a reservation, call the office, 860-379-4252, at least 24 hours in advance, Monday thru Friday, between 8am-4pm.
Please do not make medical appointments before 9:00am or after 1:30pm.
Shopping or Errands
Early Tuesday or Friday morning, or early in the afternoon Monday thru Friday. Limit of 4 bags per person. Driver will tell you when he will be back to pick you up. You must be there at that time and place. Drivers do not have time to wait or to look for you.
Remember…one stop per ride and please be patient. The drivers are very busy. We try to get you to your appointment on time, but you may have to wait to be picked up to go home. There may be times when we cannot give you a ride, or we may have to pick you up early for an appointment. The suggested donation per ride is $1.
The following activities are not allowed on the Senior Center van and the Driver may deny ride:
- Smoking, carrying a lighted cigarette, cigar, or pipe, use of a match or fire producing device
- Consumption of food or drink
- Possession and/or use of illegal drugs of alcohol
- Entering the van while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Playing of radios or personal music without earphones
- Lack of shirt, pants, shoes, or clothing in a condition objectionable to other passengers
- Use of profanity or vulgar language
- Acting in a manner threatening to the safety of the driver or passengers
- Carrying a weapon
- Pets, except service animals
- Yelling or loud, boisterous talking
- Defacing or damaging the van
- Carrying gasoline, kerosene, or other flammable liquids
- Standing up or moving around while the van is in motion
- Refusal to comply with valid, reasonable instructions from the driver