Batcheller Early Education Center is excited for the opportunity to have your child join our Little Owls Preschool Program for the 2022-2023 academic year. The open application process for all 3- and 4- year old preschool eligible students will be from February 1, 2022, to February 15, 2022.
The Little Owls Preschool Program follows the CT Early Learning and Development Standards and assessments to guide its curriculum to provide optimal learning experiences and kindergarten readiness for all students. The program provides an academic curriculum focused on reading, math, and science. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) is also integrated into the curriculum, along with opportunities for students to participate in art, music, physical education, and library classes. Our Preschool program serves 3-5-year-old children with and without disabilities. This is a full-day program that runs daily from 8:25 AM to 3:10 PM. Bus transportation is also available to all students.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for the Little Owls Preschool Program at Batcheller Early Education Center, please complete the online application on the homepage of the district website at www.winchesterschools.org
. The link may also be found on the Winchester Public Schools and Winsted FRC Facebook pages.
Spaces in our program are limited, so by completing the application, you are informing Batcheller School of your interest in our program but are not guaranteed a space for your child. Applications must be received by the deadline of February 15, 2022, to hold an available space. The application also includes submitting the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), the required developmental screener. Failure to submit the application and ASQ by February 15, 2022, will result in your child losing a space in the Little Owls Program. Any child that is not accepted into the program will be placed on a waitlist and/or referred to their next program choice. Applications will be accepted on a first-come basis by availability by age.
1. February 1, 2022 - February 15, 2022 - Complete the online application.
2. An Early Childhood staff member in the Family Resource Center will contact you to confirm submission of your application and discuss the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) for screening your child.
3. If not done so previously, parents/guardians will complete the Ages & Stages Questionnaire via a downloadable app called Sparkler. If a family is unable to complete this digitally, they may contact the Family Resource Center (FRC) to pick up a paper copy or have one mailed home. All ASQ’s must be returned to the Family Resource Center and must be postmarked by February 15, 2022. Please mail ASQ screening forms to:
Family Resource Center
Attn: Lisa Goulet
201 Pratt Street
Winsted, CT 06098
4. An early childhood staff member in the Family Resource Center will score the ASQ and contact you with screening results. At this time, your child will become fully eligible for the Little Owls Program.
5. Students in need of special education services will be entered into the program first, and then peer models will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
6. By February 28, 2022 - All families will be notified via phone and email regarding their child’s acceptance status.
If you have any questions about the application and screening process or have additional questions, please reach out to Lisa Goulet or Erica Monroe in the Family Resource Center at (860) 738-5262. We are excited to welcome you and your child to the Winchester Public Schools community.
Batcheller Early Education Center Assistant Principal
Family Resource Center Director
Melony M. Brady-Shanley
Winchester Public Schools
Ex. Secretary - Darlene Bentley
338 Main Street - PO Box 648
Winsted, CT 06098