The 2019 novel coronavirus, named COVID-19, is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China. The most common symptoms are fever and cough, sometimes difficulty breathing. These symptoms can also be due to other illnesses.
Health Districts have advised that while the risk to the general public of developing COVID-19 is very low, there are precautions that everyone should take to keep themselves healthy, especially during the flu season.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer frequently throughout the day; especially before you eat, touch your face and immediately after a sneeze or cough.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Limit any time spent with ill individuals.
- Cover your sneeze or cough, then wash hands.
- Get your flu shot if you haven’t done so already.