The Town of Winchester Public Works Department has scheduled fall leaf pickup in accordance with the following schedule:
Streets South of Route 44 – Monday, November 28th and Tuesday, November 29th (Lake Street, Boyd Street, Bridge Street, Pratt Street, Meadow Street)
Streets North of Route 44 – Wednesday, November 30th and Thursday, December 1st (Upland Road, Crescent Street, Wetmore Avenue, Oak Street, Maple Street, North Main Street)
**Please continue to check the Town website for any changes to the leaf pickup schedule, as changes to the schedule may be necessary due to inclement weather.** However, note: Each street will be covered only once. There will be no late pickups this year.
· Only leaves placed in heavy biodegradable paper bags will be picked up.
· Leaves placed in plastic bags and bags containing leaves mixed with other items such as branches, grass clippings, and brush will not be picked up.
· Filled bags should contain only leaves and should weigh less than fifty (50) pounds.
· Residents should leave filled bags curbside by 7:00AM on the first day of the scheduled pickup date for their location.
· Loose leaves should not be raked onto sidewalks or roadways as they will not be picked up.
Please feel free to contact the Department of Public Works should you have any questions or require additional information.
Residents may also bring their leaf filled bags to the Regional Refuse District #1 landfill located on Route 44 in Barkhamsted, **provided that they have purchased a Sticker (Transfer Station Pass). Their phone number is (860) 379-1972. Their website, which contains more information on obtaining a Transfer Station Pass, can be found here.
Finally, please be advised that no leaves will be accepted at the Town of Winchester Public Works Facility.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Department of Public Works at (860) 379-4070.